About pricing Schemes
Pricing Schemes allow you to have variations in your product prices without having to create multiple new products.
These prices can be configured to alter the price of the product depending on the date of an event, and it's location.
Initial Pricing Scheme set-up
- Go to the Pricing Scheme set up page
1.1 Settings > Finances > Pricing Schemes
- Click on the "Add Pricing Scheme" button
- Enter a name for the pricing scheme and click "save"
- Go to the "Pricing Scheme Key Names" tab
- Click on "Add Pricing Scheme Key name"
5.1 Enter a name
5.2 Enter on of the available Keys (see below)
5.3 Click "Save and Close"
- Repeat step 5 as required for additional keys
- Repeat steps 2-6 as required for additional pricing schemes
- Ensure that you save after making any changes to the Pricing Schemes
It is advisable to have a "Static Price" pricing scheme for any products you use that will not be using any pricing schemes.
Applying a Pricing Scheme to a Product
- Go to the Products section of the Settings menu
1.1 Settings > Products
- Select the Product that you wish to apply your pricing scheme to
- At the bottom of the "Main" tab, select the appropriate Pricing Scheme
- Select the "Pricing Scheme Points" tab
- Click the "Add Pricing Scheme Point" button
5.1 Select the appropriate items from the drop down menus
5.2 Click "Save"
5.3 Select the "Pricing Scheme Point Prices" tab
5.4 Click the "Add Pricing Scheme Point Prices"
5.4.1 Enter the Start and End dates for when the Pricing Scheme is valid
5.4.2 Enter the Price that will be applied for this Pricing Scheme
- Repeat step 5 as required for all combinations of Pricing Schemes
- Repeat steps 2 - 6 as required for each Product
- Ensure that you save after making any changes to the Products
Pricing Scheme Keys
- PricingSchemeEnumerationDefault – this key is used to create static price for products
- PricingSchemeEnumerationPartOfWeek – this key is used set different prices per week and weekends (this is based on the event start date time)
- Location – this key is used set different prices per location
Things to consider
Currently, the Pricing Schemes system only allows for pricing schemes to be filtered by:
- Weekend (Sat/Sun) or MidWeek (Mon-Fri)
Additional filters can be developed by Booking Live as required.
Ensure that you have covered all potential combinations within your products, where appropriate. For Example:
- Product 1, Location 1, Weekend
- Product 1, Location 1, MidWeek
- Product 1, Location 2, Weekend
- Product 1, Location 3, MidWeek
- Product 2, Static Price
Ensure that you have a Static Price scheme set up, to apply for all other products.